New York, NY
- Edging and tinting SV, MF, PAL, and other various lenses.
- Inspect lens blanks to detect flaws, verify smoothness of surface, and ensure the thickness of coating lenses.
- Set up machines to polish, bevel, edge, or grind lenses, flats, blanks, or other precision optical elements.
- Inspect lenses before and after completion to verify alignment and conformance to specifications, using precision instruments.
- Shape lenses appropriately to frames.
- Clean finished lenses and eyeglasses, using cloths and solvents.
- Adjust lenses and frames to correct alignment, assemble eyeglass.
- Ordering lenses and optical material based on cost, surfacing lab, patient prescription, and lens material.
- Maintaining lens and lab supply inventory.
- Creating weekly and monthly reports as per protocols.
- Patients-frame and patient-lens education/adjustment.
- Proper maintenance of the optical and lab equipment.
- Must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- At least 1 year of experience working in an optical lab.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, dependable, and willing to learn.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Computer oriented.