New York, NY
- Be aware of the patients’ flow. Help the front desk workers if needed.
- Keep the machines clean, before and after each patient.
- Perform optical pre-examination and screening; take patients’ case history and identify patients’ reason for his/her visit.
- Preliminary patient testing, visual field, OCT, Fundus Photos, Maculogix screening.
- Handle patient check-in/check-out, appointment scheduling, insurance benefits, and payment.
- Create patient charts, enter patient data into EHR software, and interpret insurance benefits for services and eyewear.
- Order from multiple accounts to ensure the back office is always stocked with every variety of drops and medical supply.
- Make sure all machines work properly. Machine service is done on a 6-month basis.
- Pick up the phone if the front desk is busy while ophthalmic assistants are free.
- Previous experience as Ophthalmic Technician
- MUST BE fluent in Spanish and English
- Able to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of eye care procedures.
- Able to take initiative when working with a lot of patients.
- Strong eye care machinery skills.
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, and meet deadlines.